Type: Permanent / Full Time
We’re looking for a talented PHP Developer to join the team here at Rawnet due to our consistent and continuing growth. We are a fast growing digital agency, so whether you're looking to work as a lead developer on one of our major accounts, or you enjoy working on a wide variety of different projects, there's something for everyone here.
We work with determined and transformational brands that strive to be the best example of their sector in digital. It is through our exciting team and tireless work ethic that we make this a reality.
The Rawnet approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems our clients come to us with. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
You’ll work closely with: UI Development, Project Management, Producers. You’ll also interact with: Creative, Sales, Account Management, Marketing.
You’ll be required to use in-depth insight and expert knowledge to develop and test well structured and maintainable code; adhering to the team’s current workflow and best practises to deliver projects on time, on budget and to agreed specifications.
- Develop well structured, maintainable code and thoroughly test your own work.
- Keeping code standards high with peer reviews.
- Stay one step ahead during a project and foresee any potential issues or errors before they occur; communicating process and restriction to the wider team.
- Translate your understanding of technical requirements, issues and queries to Project Managers, other employees along with clients.
- Maintain a good awareness of developments in the industry, assessing technical options, assisting others and sharing knowledge in order to improve development strategy, standards and develop better ways of working.
- 3+ years web development experience or equivalent.
- Experience with Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter or similar MVC frameworks.
- Experience developing RESTFul APIs.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design Patterns (PHP).
- Experience working with a CMS like Concrete5, Drupal.
- Experience with DevOps, Systems Administration, Amazon Web Services.
- Server management, server provisioning automation.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- DBA and query optimisations, NoSQL databases.
- Unit Testing for example PHPUnit or Pest.
- 23 days holiday a year (3 days are set aside for our company wide Christmas shutdown), plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with PlayStation and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Personal training budget of up to £1,000pa, plus 12 dedicated L&D days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet. The 4.7 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.
Candidates with previous experience in or job titles including; PHP Developer, Web Developer, Back End Developer, Full Stack Developer, Web Development may also be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.