Website & Mobile Apps Tester
Rawnet is a multi-award winning full service agency developing incredible products and services that redevelop markets and redefine industries. Our purposeful disruption reshapes businesses, making them more commercially successful and future proofing them for years to come.
Our tight knit team are some of the best developers in the industry, developing cutting edge, experimental technology solutions in our bright and spacious office in Ascot High Street.
You will be responsible for assuring quality of the various types of software delivered by internal project teams.
Projects vary from content management systems, event mobile apps, ecommerce websites, ticket booking portals and video content distribution solutions.
As a sole tester on the project, you will take ownership of the quality process throughout the software lifecycle. That includes preparing test plans, test cases, test effort estimations, maintaining required test data, testing projects across various platforms, web browsers, operating systems and devices.
- 2+ years digital agency experience
- Experience working within an Agile or Waterfall development environments
- Experience designing and writing test cases, test scripts and test plans
- Excellent working knowledge of bug tracking software, e.g. Jira, Trello, Pivotal Tracker or Mantis
- Experience of testing software projects across various operating systems, browsers, devices and environments
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as the sole tester on a project, as well as in a team
- A healthy eye for detail,the ability to easily put yourself in the user’s shoes and suggest improvements and upgrades to the tested software
- Understanding of TDD and BDD concepts
- Knowledge of all cross-browser and mobile devices quirks, limitations and issues
- Interest in UI automation testing / performance and security testing
- Experience of using automated testing tools such as Selenium, K6 or Datadog.
- Understanding of Lighthouse / Google PageSpeed reports.
- ISEB / ISTQB certificate in software testing is considered an advantage
You will be highly organised, self driven, proactive thinker with a passion for digital and ability to adapt.
You will have the ability to solve complex problems in imaginative and creative ways.
In it together
You will be aligned to the company’s goals and objectives and be eager to learn from the experience on offer as well as being confident to propose change. You will show the initiative to get things done and being a team player you will endeavour to help others succeed.
You will have a passion and knowledge of new and emerging trends in the Digital space so you have a wealth of knowledge to help your clients. You will have an eye for detail and have the ability to take a holistic view of situations. A good ability to absorb information and translate that into an overall solution is essential.
A consultative approach will be required to successfully prepare a solution that meets both the brief and fits within budget.
You will let your peers know how you are progressing, if there are any issues during work and ask for reviews where you feel it is necessary
Quality assuring your own work for the best and most relevant solutions
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have flexible working, amazing staff parties and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet.
The 4.9 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.
- Our people!!
- 23 days holiday a year (3 days for our Christmas shutdown period), + public/bank holidays
- Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Aviva Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Family friendly
- Training - 12 days dedicated to your tailored training needs
- Career progression
- Christmas and summer parties
- Get your eat on in the office: free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks + free Friday breakfast
- Playstation 4 and pool table
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral programme
- Specsavers vouchers
To apply for this role, or to discuss it further, please contact us. All candidates will need to be able to demonstrate their technical ability.
Please note you may be asked to complete a proficiency test before being invited to attend a formal interview.