Traffic and Revenue Manager
Rawnet is a multi-award winning full service agency developing incredible products and services that redevelop markets and redefine industries. Our purposeful disruption reshapes businesses, making them more commercially successful and future proofing them for years to come.
Our tight knit team are some of the best developers in the industry, developing cutting edge, experimental technology solutions in our bright and spacious office in Ascot High Street.
Rawnet is looking for an experienced and diligent Traffic Manager to ensure our resource is running effectively and that the studio is efficient. Primarily working towards achieving a set amount of revenue within a month, by working with the PMs to ensure the steady progression of projects.
With an analytical mind, the Traffic and Revenue manager will be able to spot opportunities for improvements within the studio, identify waste areas, and report on project throughput and profitability on a weekly basis.
Learning to understand the skills of the team, the Traffic and Revenue manager will best utilise the resource available to maximise project throughput and revenue.
Perfect role for anyone who loves to get into the numbers, identify efficiencies and understand the processes of digital project delivery. You are strategic enough to make good commercial decisions.
We’re a vibrant, award-winning digital agency with a great working environment, with a 4.9 Glassdoor rating. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running and management of the resources, and will have a positive ‘problem-solved’ attitude. Across the diverse set of projects being delivered, you will get to work with some big brands and provide a supporting role in helping us to deliver a wide range of websites, mobile applications, campaigns and technical solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing and award winning digital agency that creates cutting edge work for its clients. You will get the opportunity to build on your existing skills whilst absorbing the vibe of our fun and rewarding working environment that is Rawnet.
- Manage the resource schedule to keep the studio running effectively and ensure to avoid wasted and/or downtime. Proactively follow up and create opportunities for things to be actioned with enough time to ensure plans are in place.
- Management of the ‘revenue’ spreadsheet, that tracks project progress and how we recognise revenue. Working closely in Harvest and Forecast to ensure the scheduled time represents the revenue generated and visa-versa.
- Very comfortable with Google Sheets, Financial Information and Scheduling
- Assisting the PMs in resourcing and milestone breakdowns
- Openly take resource requests on board, asking the right questions about the brief and requirements. Work in partnership with department heads as necessary, to help plan and prioritise everything optimally.
- Manage change and updates. Inform team members of any project status updates or changes to briefings or deadlines that may impact them, ensuring they are working on the correct projects and to the right deadlines at all times.
- Lead weekly workflow review meetings with senior teams, to ensure all briefs are allocated to the right people and for the appropriate timeframes.
Delivery Team Support
- Liaise with the delivery team to support an incredibly talented team of designers and developers to facilitate the delivery of creatively inspiring and technically innovative work.
- Ensure timesheets are completed by all billable resource.
- Liaise with team members to ensure they maintain focus and momentum and to identify and help resolve impediments that may arise along the way.
Required professional attributes
- Passionate about all things digital, including latest trends and developments.
- Exceptional diligence and attention to detail, as well as resourcefulness and quick, practical thinking in a demanding environment.
- Independently driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, able to build strong relationships with people at all levels of seniority.
- English language skills must be outstanding.
- Strong work ethic and remains professional at all times – able to work under pressure and juggle multiple responsibilities to help meet deadlines and deliver results. Understand working in a high pressure environment that can require quick changes, flexible hours and occasional overtime requests.
You will be highly organised, self driven, proactive thinker with a passion for digital and ability to adapt.
You will have the ability to solve complex problems in imaginative and creative ways.
In it together
You will be aligned to the company’s goals and objectives and be eager to learn from the experience on offer as well as being confident to propose change. You will show the initiative to get things done and being a team player you will endeavour to help others succeed.
You will have a passion and knowledge of new and emerging trends in the Digital space so you have a wealth of knowledge to help your clients. You will have an eye for detail and have the ability to take a holistic view of situations. A good ability to absorb information and translate that into an overall solution is essential.
A consultative approach will be required to successfully prepare a solution that meets both the brief and fits within budget.
You will let your peers know how you are progressing, if there are any issues during work and ask for reviews where you feel it is necessary
Quality assuring your own work for the best and most relevant solutions
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have flexible working, amazing staff parties and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet.
The 4.9 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.
To apply for this role, or to discuss it further, please contact us. All candidates will need to be able to demonstrate their technical ability.
Please note you may be asked to complete a proficiency test before being invited to attend a formal interview.