Location: Hybrid. Ascot, UK
Type: Permanent / Full Time
Financial Controller required for fast growing Digital Agency. Based in the heart of Ascot and in business for over 16 years - providing both SME and Enterprise scale services to the likes of Hornby, Scalextric, BOC and Whistl.
After nearly 60% growth in 2022, we are seeking an FC to lead the financial side of the business, working with our studio to attain maximum profitability, while reporting to our shareholders and planning for growth. We are currently around 70 staff and have a turnover of approximately £5m, with around 25 clients.
As the Financial Controller, you’ll be reporting directly to Director / owner level and you’ll be an integral part of the company's management structure. For the right candidate this opening offers real opportunities to contribute to the day to day management of the company and to influence its decision making processes.
In particular, the ideal Financial Controller will be just as comfortable handling the day to day tasks as well as advising on and handling much larger scale decisions and projects. This is in addition to somebody who will be comfortable with eventually interviewing and recruiting more junior staff to work alongside them, under their management.
- Analysing and reporting on financial performance
- Overseeing corporate, audit and statutory accounting functions
- Developing and implementing internal policies
- Preparing comprehensive forecasts and budgets
- Responsible for day to day cash flow
- Analysing complex financial data; revenue recognition using logged and forecasted time
- Engaging with and maintaining good relationships with Owners, Investors and Group companies
- Promote revenue growth and commercial understanding within the business
- Contract management
- Sales ledger / journal control / revenue recognition
- VAT returns and payment
- Day to day transactions (general bookkeeping and bank recs including credit control)
- Responsible for Head of Revenue Operations, part-time Credit Controller and future growth of the finance function
- Depreciation, fixed assets and other general journals
It is essential that the Financial Controller is able to work and communicate clearly with non-finance based colleagues; such as Project Managers, Account Managers and even Developers & Designers at times.
Naturally the role is very hands-on and it is essential that the successful Financial Controller is able to plan and structure their own work, whilst working with colleagues to meet the various weekly and monthly internal and external deadlines.
A formal accountancy qualification such as AAT is preferable but the company is happy to consider applicants qualified by (relevant) experience.
The most important factor that we wish to stress is that we desire somebody who is actively seeking a visible career path and wants to progress to a position of commercial leadership within Rawnet. The role offers long term job security and a great deal of scope for progres
- Agency / Consultancy experience
- Xero experience
- 23 days holiday a year (3 days are set aside for our company wide Christmas shutdown), plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with PlayStation and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Personal training budget of up to £1,000pa, plus 12 dedicated L&D days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet. The 4.7 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.