Senior Front End Developer
Location: Remote, UK / Ascot, Berkshire
Type: Permanent / Full Time
We’re looking for a talented Senior Front End Developer to join the team here at Rawnet due to our continued growth. We are a fast growing digital agency, so whether you're looking to work as a lead developer on one of our major accounts, or you enjoy working on a wide variety of different projects, there's something for everyone here.
We work with determined and transformational brands that strive to be the best example of their sector in digital. It is through our exciting team and tireless work ethic that we make this a reality.
The Rawnet approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems our clients come to us with. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
You’ll work closely with: Design, UX, Development, and Project Management Teams. You’ll also interact with: Sales, Account Management, and our Marketing Teams. Everyone at Rawnet is friendly and dedicated to their work; you’ll always be welcome to reach out if you have any questions!
You’ll be required to use in-depth insight and expert knowledge to code and test; semantic, well-structured and maintainable cross-browser, cross-platform user interfaces; adhering to the team’s current workflow and best practises to deliver projects on time, on budget, and to agreed specifications. The team participates in regular code reviews to ensure everything delivered by the studio is the best quality, and with vast experience on offer, skill progression is like lightning.
- Build responsive websites with UX, accessibility and performance in mind
- Develop new user-facing features and fix existing bugs
- Develop scalable, flexible, and reusable components, and add to the styleguide as needed
- Able to work on a project as the sole UI Developer or Lead a team of UI devs on a project
- Develop well structured, maintainable code and thoroughly test your own work before delivery to the QA team
- Create the level of polish and interaction that brings a design to life and makes a user experience unforgettable
- Have an eye for detail and ensure that all work produced within the team is in-line with briefs, scopes and business objectives.
- Provide input and share knowledge during project and team meetings
- Participate in code reviews, and coach/mentor more junior members of the team
- Display a deep appreciation and understanding for best development practices and ensure all team members follow these guidelines
- Solve problems, offer alternative options/compromises and present new ideas to the wider team
- Ensure technical feasibility of functional specifications
- Stay one step ahead during a project and foresee any potential issues or errors before they occur; communicating process and restriction to the wider team.
- Regularly inform your project manager of your progress, raising any issues as soon as they arise
- Translate your understanding of technical requirements, issues and queries to Project Managers, other employees along with clients
- Quote and estimate projects, giving timescales and highlighting risks
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies, maintain a good awareness of developments in the industry, and share knowledge in order to improve development strategy, standards and develop better ways of working
- 5+ years web development experience.
- Commercial understanding
- Solid experience writing clean semantic HTML
- Solid experience writing well-organised, maintainable CSS
- Strong understanding of working with web services and APIs
- Solid experience developing multi-platform responsive solutions
- Ability to debug and resolve cross-browser/platform issues
- A good understanding of web accessibility
- Good understanding of browser rendering and performance
- Experience with Github or other source control software
- Commercial experience with React JS or similar frameworks
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, ideally Sass
- Experience working within a PHP environment
- Trello/Asana/Jira or similar agile management tools
- Test driven development
- 23 days holiday a year, plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with PlayStation and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay after 1 years’ service
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Training budget, plus 12 dedicated days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet.
The 4.8 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.
If you think this role sounds great, please contact us at email@example.com
Candidates with previous experience in or job titles including; Senior UI Developer, UI Developer, Senior Web Developer, Front End Developer, Full Stack Developer, Web Development may also be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.