React JS Developer
Location: Remote, UK / Ascot, Berkshire
Type: Permanent / Full Time
We’re looking for a talented React JS Developer to join the team here at Rawnet due to our continued growth. Code and test semantic, well structured and maintainable cross-browser, cross-platform user interfaces, adhering to the team’s current workflow and best practises, on time, on budget and to agreed specifications.
The Rawnet approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems our clients come to us with. The team participates in regular code reviews to ensure everything delivered by the studio is the best quality, and with vast experience on offer, skill progression is like lightning. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
- Build responsive websites with UX, accessibility and performance in mind
- Develop new user-facing features and fix existing bugs
- Develop scalable, flexible, and reusable components, and add to storybook
- Develop well structured, maintainable code and thoroughly test your own work before Code Review and delivery to the Product Owner
- Have an eye for detail and ensure that all work produced within the team is in-line with briefs, scopes and business objectives
- Provide input and share knowledge during meetings
- Solve problems, offer alternative options/compromises and present new ideas to the wider team
- Regularly inform your Product Owner of your progress at daily standups
- Estimate tasks in effort points, and highlighting risks, ensure technical feasibility of functional specifications
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies, maintain a good awareness of developments in the industry, and share knowledge in order to improve development strategy, standards and develop better ways of working
The ideal candidate
A self starter, problem solver and team player with the ability to adapt to and input into current workflows and best practices. Motivated by sharing experience and learning from others. Showing initiative to get things done as well as endeavouring to help others succeed. Eager to keep up to date with the latest developments in the ever changing discipline and the ability to research and recommend appropriate technical recommendations.
Forward thinking, applying knowledge and insights to projects throughout their lifecycle. Commercially aware and able to offer solutions with budget and time restrictions in mind.
As a React Developer you are required to use in-depth insight and an expert level of knowledge to develop and test well structured and maintainable code, on time and on budget to an agreed specification. You will push the boundaries of the current team workflow whilst suggesting and implementing best practices for the team to follow.
- 3+ years agency experience
- Solid experience with ReactJS
- Experience with JSON API or similar RESTful API standards
- Commercial experience with React applications
- A good understanding of UX and accessibility
- Experience with Azure or other source control software
- Ability to debug and resolve cross-platform issues
- Azure or similar agile management tools
- Agile delivery
- Graph CMS
- 23 days holiday a year, plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with PlayStation 4 and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay after 1 years’ service
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Training budget, plus 12 dedicated days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet.
The 4.8 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.
If you think this role sounds great, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.