Junior Website & Mobile Apps Tester
Type: Permanent / Full Time
We’re looking for a talented Junior QA Tester to join the team here at Rawnet due to continued growth. We are a fast-growing digital agency located in Ascot, Berkshire. We work with determined and transformational brands that strive to be the best example of their sector in digital. It is through our exciting team and strong work ethic that we make this a reality.
The Rawnet approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems our clients come to us with. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
You will work alongside the Test Team to assure quality of the various types of software delivered by internal project teams.
Projects vary from content management systems, event mobile apps, ecommerce websites, ticket booking portals and video content distribution solutions.
As the Junior Tester on the project, you will assist other Testers with the quality process throughout the software lifecycle. That includes learning how to prepare test plans, test cases, participating in test effort estimations, maintaining required test data, testing projects across various platforms, web browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Perform functional and non-functional testing of products to ensure that they reflect signed-off technical specification and design.
- Ensure that developed and tested software meets the company quality standards and client expectations.
- Produce informative, well structured and intuitive bug reports, containing all necessary elements, such as steps to reproduce the issue, screenshots, crash reports, logs and environment information.
- Assist the investigation on issues and bugs reported by clients and end users.
- Perform product testing on various platforms which include: web browsers, mobile devices, tablets, desktops, simulators and virtual machines.
- Continuously assist with defining and developing the company QA process.
- Identify and document issues that are reoccurring across non-related projects and help to eliminate them to improve quality of the products.
- Good experience of testing websites.
- Knowledge of bug tracking software, e.g. Jira, Trello, Pivotal Tracker or Mantis.
- Understanding of designing and writing test cases, test scripts and test plans.
- Able to notice subtle differences between the designs and the website.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently when a task has been set, but knowing when to ask for help.
- A healthy eye for detail,the ability to easily put yourself in the user’s shoes and suggest improvements and upgrades to the tested software.
- A willingness to learn with the ambition to contribute and push forward the quality assurance of Rawnet products.
- Has worked within a similar job role or has qualifications within the IT sector.
- Interest in UI automation testing / performance and security testing.
- Has an understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- 23 days holiday a year (3 days are set aside for our company wide Christmas shutdown), plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with PlayStation and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Personal training budget of up to £1,000pa, plus 12 dedicated L&D days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet. The 4.7 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.