Front End Developer
Location: Remote, UK / Ascot, Berkshire
Type: Permanent / Full Time
We’re looking for two talented Front End Developers to join the team here at Rawnet due to our continued growth. We are a fast-growing digital agency located in Ascot, Berkshire.
We work with determined and transformational brands that strive to be the best example of their sector in digital. It is through our exciting team and tireless work ethic that we make this a reality.
The Rawnet approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques, and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the problems our clients come to us with. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with a huge wealth of experience and a real passion for digital, this is the opportunity for you.
You’ll work closely with: Design, UX, Development, and Project Management Teams. You’ll also interact with: Sales, Account Management, and our Marketing Teams. Everyone at Rawnet is friendly and dedicated to their work; you’ll always be welcome to reach out if you have any questions!
You’ll be required to use in-depth insight and expert knowledge to code and test; semantic, well-structured and maintainable cross-browser, cross-platform user interfaces; adhering to the team’s current workflow and best practises to deliver projects on time, on budget, and to agreed specifications.
- Build your user interfaces to be responsive and touch friendly as required
- Develop new user-facing features
- Develop scalable, flexible, and reusable components
- Ensure technical feasibility of functional specifications
- Thoroughly test your work before delivery to the QA team
- Regularly inform your project manager of your progress, raising any issues as soon as they arise
- Provide accurate timings and estimates
- Occasionally build cross-client HTML emails
- Provide input during project and team meetings
- Participate in code reviews
- Working in collaboration with other teams across the studio including Producers, Project Managers, and Developers
- Working alongside other team members contributing to and supporting the build phase
- Create the level of polish and interaction that brings a design to life and makes a user experience unforgettable
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies
You will be driven, experimental, have an eye for detail, a team player, and be knowledgeable of new and emerging trends in the digital space.
You’ll also love getting stuck in with a team who enjoy nothing more than thinking outside the box with creative solutions to problems.
- 3+ years’ web development experience
- Commercial understanding
- Solid experience writing clean semantic HTML
- Solid experience writing well-organised, maintainable CSS
- Strong understanding of working with web services and APIs
- Solid experience developing multi-platform responsive solutions
- Ability to debug and resolve cross-browser/platform issues
- A good understanding of web accessibility
- Good understanding of browser rendering and performance
- Experience with Github or other source control software
- Commercial experience with React JS and Redux or similar frameworks
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, ideally Sass
- Experience working within a PHP environment
- Trello/Asana/Jira or similar agile management tools
- Test driven development
- 23 days holiday a year, plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with PlayStation and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay after 1 years’ service
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Training budget, plus 12 dedicated days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet.
The 4.8 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.