Content Marketing Strategist
Type: Permanent / Full Time
We are a fast-growing digital agency located in Ascot, Berkshire. We work with determined and transformational brands that strive to be the best example of their sector in digital. It is through our exciting team and tireless work ethic that we make this a reality.
The Rawnet approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems our clients come to us with. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a proven, analytically focused and organised Content Marketing Strategist to join our team. You will be required to work closely with the Marketing team and other departments at Rawnet. You will also be required to work directly with our Client Partners to contribute to their core business objectives through content marketing efforts on client websites.
You will be a part of the Strategy team and work closely with the Marketing Specialists and Strategists. You will be responsible for managing the performance of SEO activity through multiple accounts. You will also manage numerous B2B and B2C verticals to meet business KPIs and objectives at the different stages of the marketing funnel.
You will be required to hypothesise, monitor, and report monthly to demonstrate website performance and suggest informed decisions to improve growth. You will be setting an action plan, with a timeline, to deliver the recommendations informed by these decisions. You must be able to consider the activity within the whole account to deliver these actions in synchronisation with other departments.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic yet supportive team. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven individual with extensive SEO and content marketing experience.
What you'll be doing
- Developing and maintaining a good relationship with client partners
- Working with the Marketing Specialists to ensure content recommendations are delivered within deadlines and to a high standard
- Working with the Senior Content Marketing Strategist to support their strategic recommendations and produce necessary deliverables
- Being incredibly detail-oriented and hands-on in the accounts to ensure best practices are being followed for SEO.
- Being a subject matter expert and up-to-date on the latest algorithms and best practices for on-page, off-page and technical SEO.
- Develop and deliver mature SEO strategies that maximise market visibility and traffic acquisition and forecasting expected returns.
- Maximise ethical link-building opportunities through the use of various outreach techniques
- Monitor the progress of the SEO strategy and adapt to maximise growth and visibility.
- Strong analysis and reporting skills to produce monthly reports, make recommendations and forecasting returns.
- Exceptional writing skills to deliver short and long form content targeting keywords, user intents, and other key SEO signals.
- Working with tools such as Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, SEMrush, Google Analytics, Search Console, and Google Sheets/Excel.
- 3+ years of SEO experience as a ‘doer’, within an in-house or agency team working B2B and B2C or equivalent
- Track record of analysing SEO trends and opportunities, in addition to providing and implementing recommendations to improve visibility within SERPs
- Experience in website migrations (content and technical)
- Experience with content outreach and link building
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the business and with client partners
- Strong analytical/reporting skills with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/google sheets
- Deep understanding of search engine best practices
- Experience working with tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog
- SEO copywriting skills that reflect a brands’ tone of voice
- 23 days holiday a year (3 days are set aside for our company wide Christmas shutdown), plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with PlayStation and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Personal training budget of up to £1,000pa, plus 12 dedicated L&D days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet. The 4.7 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.