PHP / DevOps Engineer
Location: Remote, UK
Type: Permanent / Full Time
We’re looking for a junior to mid-weight PHP developer with a keen interest or wishing to transition into DevOps and automation, to join the team here at Rawnet due to continued growth. We are a fast growing digital agency located in Ascot, Berkshire.
We work with determined and transformational brands that strive to be the best example of their sector in digital. It is through our exciting team and tireless work ethic that we make this a reality.
The Rawnet approach is all about dedication to using the latest tools, techniques and best practices to produce appropriate custom solutions to solve the exciting problems our clients come to us with. If you’re looking to work in a buzzing, successful environment, amongst peers with huge experience and a real passion for digital, this could be the opportunity for you.
You’ll work within our PHP and DevOps team, playing a vital supporting and assistance role.
Within the PHP department you’ll have the opportunity to work with various clients, different types of frameworks, solving problems and working closely with our other departments, adhering to the team’s current workflow and best practises to deliver projects on time, on budget and to agreed specifications.
You’ll work closely with our Senior DevOps engineer to maintain and support our existing clients and in house requirements, this will include patching web servers, building docker images, creating networks and much more. Within the DevOps portion of this role you will be provided with an opportunity to learn all the skills required with on the job training and online learning resources, should you wish to transition into this role more permanently in the future.
- Collaborate on IA, UX, Creative and Technical deliverables.
- Develop well structured, maintainable code and thoroughly test your own work.
- Understand client objectives and proactively provide purposeful solutions to help improve our clients’ businesses.
- Identify needs that may not be recognised, create opportunities to help fulfill project goals and promote approaches linked to both short and long term objectives.
- Manage change with seamless integration, ensuring objectives and implementation plans are in place.
- Keep up to date with innovative technology, new services and techniques.
- Contribute towards the end of project discussions on lessons learned and knowledge gained, identify changes that need to be made.
- Be responsible for promoting and ensuring best practices are current, known and utilised.
- Experience using PHP
- Experience with Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter or similar MVC frameworks.
- Experience with GIT
- A developer with a passion to share knowledge and experience to colleagues.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Cloud Computing Services
- New Relic or similar monitoring/management systems
- DNS Management
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Packer, Terraform
- Experienced with Linux based operating systems
- Understanding of Cloud Hosted Architectures
- GO/Node/Python experience
- 23 days holiday a year, plus all public and bank holidays
- Plus Birthdays off - woo hoo!
- Annual leave accrual after 2 years’ service, up to 5 additional days
- Remote/hybrid working
- Family friendly/flexible working
- Collaborative office space in Ascot High Street, with Playstation 4 and Pool Table
- Social events - our Christmas and Summer parties are legendary
- Vitality Private Health Insurance with EAP, additional benefits and discounts
- Enhanced Parental Pay after 1 years’ service
- Life Assurance after 3 years’ service
- Aviva Pension scheme, with increased benefits for long service employees
- Positive impact day - 1 day a year for you to dedicate to a chosen charity or cause
- Career progression
- Training budget, plus 12 dedicated days
Life at Rawnet
This is the part where we talk about pool tables, Playstations, and free food. We should show photos of awkward beer swigging and cake sales, along with a bunch of other perks and gimmicks that are usually just props for a lack of real culture.
So, while we have all that, we are an agency after all...nobody works here because of superficial benefits. Yes, we have remote working, amazing staff parties, and training budgets, but again, that's not why people love being a part of Rawnet.
The 4.8 score on Glassdoor helps.
If we were to summarise it, then it's probably down to being part of the best digital team in the UK. Evolving every day and playing a part in the continuous effort for personal and client success. No deadwood, no egos, no arrogance; just a solid team of passionate and positive people making a real difference.
We always think strategically, critically, and commercially about what we do. We encourage each other to hold ourselves to a higher standard - and the rate of improvement is always staggering.
If you think this role sounds great, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates with previous experience in or job titles including; PHP Developer, Web Developer, Back End Developer, Full Stack Developer, Web Development may also be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.